Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on the I-STOP Duty to Consult and Prescribing Controlled Substances in New York State


I-STOP Clarification - Paperless HCS Account Applications

DOH has instituted a new "paperless" application process for obtaining an HCS Account for both licensed medical professionals and unlicensed professionals.  All practitioners and designees must have an HCS Account in order to access the new Prescription Monitoring Program registry.  If you have not already obtained an HCS Account or wish to sign your designee up for an account, please the HCS application link for additional information on how to do so: HCS application  

Frequently Asked Questions for the New York State Prescription Monitoring Program (revised July, 2013)
Alphabetical List of Controlled Substances
<< first < Prev 1 2 Next > last >>

Page 1 of 2